The Tool House Project

posted in: News | 0

  The Tool House Project The Friends of Spital Cemetery are raising funds to renovate the Tool House. The Tool House is a small building near the chapels in the middle of Spital Cemetery, built at the same time as the Chapels and entrance Lodge in 1857. It was used to store the tools of the grave diggers (Sextons) and gardeners. It has a water supply but no electricity. It has been derelict and boarded up for some years now. … Read More

Professor James Curl becomes our first Patron

posted in: News | 0

Patron of the Friends of Spital Cemetery   We are delighted to announce that Professor James Stevens Curl has graciously agreed to become the first Patron of the Friends of Spital Cemetery. Some of you will have heard Professor Curl on our Cemetery Day talk about the history of the Garden Cemetery Movement. He is a legend in this field and we are honoured to have his support and name associated with Spital Cemetery. The link to his website can … Read More